Saturday 13 July 2013

Five fall trends I'm looking forward to...

I'm such a pain when it comes to seasons. When it's cold, I'm praying for warm weather so I can wear shorts and summer dresses and not worry about crying my mascara off by the time I get to the bus stop because of the ghastly winter wind. But now that it is summer, I'm missing the snuggly jumpers and my favourite boots. I've been trawling the web looking at the upcoming trends for Autumn/Winter 2013/14 and this is what I'm most excited for...




Oversized Coats


(L-R: ICB by Prabal Gurung, Michael Kors, DKNY)

I bought an oversized navy blazer-coat last year and it looks truly awful on me. My head looks tiny propped on top of my already broad shoulders, but I will never stop wearing this coat. Even though I look like an American football player, I can't get enough of it and I'm glad I'll be able to wear it again this winter. Fashion's all about how you feel, right..?

American Pastoral 


(L-R: St John's, Theysken's Theory, Tommy Hilfiger)

Think Made In Chelsea's Caggie Dunlop or Spencer Hastings from Pretty Little Liars. That "Let's go hunting with Daddy after the polo game," kinda feel. Chunky cream sweaters, tweed skirts and over the knee boots. My style is fairly preppy anyway, so I'm looking forward to seeing what will be in stores this season.

Slouchy Pants


(L-R: Paul Smith, ICB by Paral Gurung, Paul Smith)

Socially acceptable pyjama pants? Count me in. Count me all the way in. Now I can roll up to 9am lectures feeling like I just rolled out of bed, but looking like I just rolled off the runway. Hopefully.

Capes


(L-R: Chloe, Valentino, Oscar de la Renta)

Good enough for Superman. Good enough for me. (How freaking regal is that Valentino in the middle?!)

Red
(L-R: Burberry, Jonathan Saunders, Burberry)

I'm a big fan of red nail polish. I even dabble in red lipstick on the odd occasion. But red clothes? No. Red is too far from my neutral colour palette, but it sure is exciting. A shocking red coat against the dreary grey crowds? How Schindler's List. I love the idea of red for winter, but probably won't opt for a daring red coat to start off with. Maybe ease in slowly with red socks or a sweater dress. Baby steps.

This year's fall looks like it's going to be brilliant on the fashion front. Look out for upcoming posts on hair, beauty and nail polish trends. Subscribe via Bloglovin to be notified when I make a new post.

No comments:

Post a Comment